Last night, at like 10 pm., I was craving something sweet. Looking through my cabinets, I couldn't find anything that would "hit the spot". So, what did I do?
Of course, I turned to my recipe books and e-books!
A few months ago, I had downloaded this e-book called 25 Marvelous Microwave Desserts. My first thought of this cookbook e-book was, "Oh, how interesting! Desserts I can do in the microwave! I'll have to try some of these one day!"
Well, that day came last night. As I was flipping through the pages of this e-book, searching for a recipe that I knew I had all the ingredients to make, I came across this one!
The recipe says to use a quiche dish, however since I don't actually own a quiche dish, I used a microwave-safe round casserole dish, and doubled the recipe.
Here's my altered recipe for all you eager, cheesecake-loving fans!
- 5 Tbsp. cream cheese
- 5 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 4 Tbsp sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 Tbsp. graham cracker crumbs
- 6 Tbsp. butter, melted
- Spray the inside of a small microwave-safe round casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Combine the melted butter with the graham cracker crumbs and press into the bottom of your casserole dish.
- Whisk together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, sour cream and eggs in a small bowl until smooth.
- Stir in the lemon juice then spoon the mixture into the casserole dish.
- Microwave on medium for 1 1/2 minutes. Microwave longer, if necessary, at 15 second increments on medium power. The center should be slightly wobbly when done.
- Chill the cheesecake for a few hours in the refrigerator then serve.
Serving size: 1 slice
Calories from Fat: 129
Total Fat: 14.3g
Saturated Fat: 8.3g
Total Carbohydrates: 7.9g
Dietary Fiber: 0
*If you add berries, cool whip, or anything else to this after it is made, please be aware that it will change the nutritional values shown above!
I must say, for a microwaved dessert.... this is pretty tasty! Go try it out and tell me what you think!