Pages

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Dehydrating


This week, I have been busy dehydrating things!

My  husband happened to remind me that our dehydrator was downstairs (he wanted to make some beef jerky soon!), and that got me to thinking...

If your family is anything like mine, they go through a LOT of fresh produce. Apples, bananas, grapes, strawberries, blueberries... I could go on forever!

My problem is, I tend to overbuy often times! As my husband puts it, I "get lost in the produce section"! HAHA! Not really a "bad thing", unless half of the produce you buy goes to waste! And, sometimes, that happens in my house!

I've come up with a solution though, and one that is very affordable and easy!

Dehydrating and freezing!

In the above picture, you can see that I have some dehydrated cabbage (left) and dehydrated lemons (right). I had also thrown in some dehydrated limes as well, which you can not really see in this picture because they are under the lemons.

Earlier in the week, we had also dehydrated some strawberries, cranberries, and celery! (Pictured below)
Dehydrated Celery (left), Cranberries (middle), and Strawberries (right)
All of these dehydrated well!

I added nothing to anything we dehydrated. Did not candy anything before-hand, as I did not want to change the nutritional values too much.

Over the next few days, I will go into a step-by-step instruction on how you, too, can easily dehydrate produce you may tend to overstock on, as well as add a few ideas on how to use your dehydrated fruits and veggies later!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print This Recipe!