Sunday, November 4, 2012
DIY- Pumpkin Puree
This year, I decided to figure out a good use for them. What I came up with (after much google searching!) was, make pumpkin puree from them!
I'll warn you, this is kind of time consuming, what with digging out all the seeds from the middle, then removing the skin, and all... but hey, who can't use pumpkin puree? And better yet, you know its all natural, not filled with unknown "preservatives", and can come in handy for some great fall pumpkin recipes!
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Lightly oil, or use cooking spray, on baking sheet.
3. Cut pumpkin in half. Remove all seeds and stringy fleshy stuff from the center.
4. Place pumpkin halves flat side down on baking sheet..
5. Roast pumpkin until completely tender inside (about 45 minutes or so)
6. Once tender, scrape pumpkin skin off using a metal spoon.
7. Puree in blender or food processor. (May need to cut pumpkin into pieces and puree in smaller batches)
8. Let cool. Use as needed.