Pages

Friday, November 2, 2012

Reduced Sugar Strawberry Cookies

I found this recipe for Strawberry Cookies on the Duncan Hines website the other day. I decided to try it out today, and tweak it a little bit, to reduce the amount of sugar in it.



Ingredients:
1 box Duncan Hines Strawberry Supreme cake mix
1 (8 oz.) container of Cool Whip
1 egg
1 cup sugar free powdered sugar 

Directions:

1. Mix cake mix, cool whip and egg well.
2. Take heaping teaspoonfuls of mixture and dip in bowl of sugar free powdered sugar.
3 .Place two inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake in 350 degree preheated oven for 7-10 minutes.
5. Watch carefully and don't let them brown. 
Nutrition Info:

Serving Size: 1 (21 g) cookie

Servings Per Recipe: 45 cookies
Calories 81.8

Calories from Fat 23
Total Fat 2.6 g
Saturated Fat 1.3 g
Cholesterol 4.1 mg
Sodium 79.8 mg
Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
Dietary Fiber 0.1 g 
Sugars 11.1 g
Protein 0.7 g

I know you are saying... "I can't find sugar free powdered sugar at my store!". That's OK! You can make it yourself, really easily! Click the link above in the ingredients list to be directed to one of my previous posts on how you can easily make your own sugar free powdered sugar!
The next time I make this, I am SO going to try it out completely sugar free! The only reason why I didn't go all sugar free this time, is because I used what I had on hand. I ran out of Sugar Free Cool Whip, and only had regular cake mix in my cabinet. Next time, though, I'll definitely make it sugar free, and share it with you all!, as well as post a new nutrition facts for the "sugar free" version of this!

Let me tell you... Myself, my hubby, and my sister in law all tasted these (before the kids even got home from school!)... and we all agreed... they are awesome! I sent some down to my in-law's house today for the kids to have after their dinner. I'm really looking forward to hearing their thoughts on it! I'll bet the kids will give them RAVE reviews! LOL!

Enjoy!





This is what the batter will look like after it's mixed... with the sugar free powdered sugar in the smaller bowl! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print This Recipe!